First of all, my husband loves me very, very much. Of this, I am quite sure.
Second, I share this recipe as a work in progress, and as a familial record of experimentation. I wouldn’t really recommend making it as is, though would gladly accept suggestions.
Third, despite any shortcomings, having something cold and creamy was a treat. It had never occurred to me that I might miss creamy, but it turns out that I do, and quite a lot.
Here’s the Pretty Darn Allergen Free recipe:
Bananocado Chocolate Ice Cream
3 frozen overripe bananas, cut into chunks
2 ripe avocados, chilled
½ c. cocoa powder
½ cup agave syrup
¼ tsp. vanilla
Dash of salt
- Puree the bananas and avocado in a food processor until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and puree some more.
- Spoon into ice cream maker and let the ice cream maker do its thing.
And here’s what we’re trying next time:
- Forget the banana. I love bananas. I love bananas and chocolate. I love frozen bananas with a chocolate shell. But there was something about the bananas in this mixture that was just a bit off. Perhaps they needed to be a bit over-riper? But I’m more inclined to try it without.
- Forget the agave syrup. Simple syrup it is.
- Maybe use melted chocolate instead of the cocoa, but that’s not for sure.
Mr. Eos doesn’t generally keep up with the blog, But, honey, if you’re reading: You rock! And Boy Scientist, too. XOXO